So my summer jars are finally done!! I got the great idea from a neighbor of mine. We were talking about having things to do during the summer to keep our kids entertained. She said that she made of list of fun things to do and fun places to go. In the fun jar you place things that you could do everyday like eating Popsicles, playing in the backyard pool, going to a park, having a picnic lunch etc... the kids get to draw out a slip everyday. Then in the adventure jar you put places to go and you do one a week. We draw ours on Sunday and then plan a day that week that our adventure can take place! These are places like the zoo, the city pool, children's museum, planetarium, aquarium, splash park, having a sprinkler party with friends, getting ice cream from Arctic Circle etc... My kids had fun putting the lists together and then I just printed them out and cut them up. I got the jars at walmart and used rubons to put the titles on the jars. My kids are loving it!
I also started another idea for the ladies in our neighborhood. I created a private blog where ladies from my neighborhood can post where they are going that week and invite all who want to to come along. (it is private so that creepos don't know where we are going and when!) So far there has been a trip to the zoo, to the splash park, a ladies game night and much more fun. It is great to have a central place where we can go and connect our fun to the fun of others. I created the blog, but I don't have to be the only one coming up with the ideas. The ladies email me for an invite and then they specify if they want to be a contributor to post. Then they come up with the activities and post the when, where, and time. If you want to go you just put a comment on the post. It is so fun!!

9 comments:
Could you just make a couple of those for me please??
I love that picture of the bottles on the table like that. It looks like it came from the top of a magazine article. Love that idea, so fun.
That is such a fun idea! Definitely copying that one!
okay- brilliant idea with the jars, i am so going to copy you!!! i am getting so bored and we are not even half way through summer. thanks!
what a great idea on the jars and blog! i just may have to start one of my own, cause i wish i could, but can't get together with you and your neighbors!!
How do you do it all? You're freakin' amazing! The jars are a great idea...I'll have to save it for next summer when the boys can enjoy the effort! :) Did I mention you're amazing?
What a great idea with the jars! And I love the ward blog, you are super thanks!
What a good idea. I may have to do that myself. Thanks.
I will have to copy that idea! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment